VEGAN CAULIFLOWER PATE
1 tbsp fresh Thyme
1 x Onion
4 x Garlic cloves
1 tsp Soy sauce
1 cup Almond milk
¼ cup + 2 tbsp Olive oil
Salt + Pepper
1. Soak pecans in a bowl of water for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 220c.
3. Chop cauliflower into florets, then toss with ¼ cup of olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Spread cauliflower across a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast cauliflower in the oven until a deep golden colour. (*alternatively, you can put the whole head on a baking tray and roast until a deep golden).
4. In a large saucepan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add diced onion and crushed garlic to the saucepan, sauté until light golden and soft. Add brandy and cook out, until the alcohol has evaporated.
5. Drain pecans and add to the saucepan. Add roasted cauliflower and almond milk to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook on a gentle simmer for 10 minutes until the liquid has reduced and thickened.
6. Add soy sauce. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly. Then pour into your blender or food processor. Blend until you reach a smooth consistency.
7. Allow mixture to reach room temperature. Then line a ramekin or container of your choice with cling wrap and pour mixture in. Refrigerate until needed. Serve with cheesy crackers and quince paste.