KEY LIME PIE
1 ½ cups (250g) of Pumpkin Seeds (pepitas)
1 cup of Cashews
½ cup of packed Medjool dates
1 tsp of Vanilla essence
¼ tsp of Salt
2 x (400g) of Avocados
1 cup of Lime juice
1 cup of Rice syrup
½ cup of Coconut cream
1 cup of Coconut oil
2 tbsp of Vanilla Essence
½ cup of Caster sugar
150ml of Water
1 x Lime
1. In your NutriBullet or food processor blitz your pumpkin seeds and cashews, then empty into a mixing bowl. Next, add the dates, vanilla essence and salt to your blender and blitz to a smooth date paste. Combine date paste with seedy crumble.
2. Line a quiche tin or cake tin with coconut oil then stick baking paper to cover the tin. Then press the pumpkin seed mixture into the base of the tin. Use the base of a glass to smooth it out.
1. Add avocado, lime juice, rice syrup, coconut cream, coconut oil and vanilla essence to your blender. Blitz the mixture to a smooth and creamy consistency.
2. Pour the lime filling into the cake tin. Give the tin a bit of a tap to settle the mixture. Put the key lime pie into your freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
1. Put a small pot on the stove over high heat, filled ⅓ of the way with water. Bring to a boil.
2. Thinly slice the lime. Then add to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Remove lime slices and set aside.
4. Measure out 150ml of the boiling water and add to a small saucepan along with the sugar. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Then add the lime slices.
5. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the white pith of limes looks translucent. Then drain lime slices and spread them out on a cooling rack to dry for a minimum of 1 hour. Then garnish your Key Lime Pie. Return pie to the freezer until you plan on eating it!