ORANGE + GINGER COOKIES
1/3 cup Tapioca flour
2/3 cup Quinoa flour
1/2 cup White rice flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Spice Oddity Mellow Yellow Spice (Turmeric Latte)
1 tsp Cinnamon
3 tsp Orange zest
1 tbsp Chia flour
2/3 cup Brown sugar
100ml Coconut oil
1/3 cup Water
*Optional; additional caster sugar, crystallised ginger
Replace Mellow Yellow with 1tsp Turmeric, 3/4 tsp Ginger + 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 180c.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine tapioca flour, quinoa flour, white rice flour, baking soda and spices.
3. To create chia flour, add chia seeds to food processor (NutriBullet works well for this) or mortar and pestle, grind into a powder.
4. Next, add the orange zest, chia flour, sugar, melted coconut oil and water to the flours. Mix to form a cookie dough.
5. Measure a tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into a ball then roll through caster sugar and gently flatten to 1cm thick. Top with thinly sliced crystallised ginger, then place cookies 3cm apart on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the base is golden.
6. Allow to cool on the tray, then store in an airtight jar.